Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Keg O Rator

So yeah, I'm a young buck. I recently graduated college and soon I will hopefully be moving into my own apartment. It's not easy making the adjustment from youngster to semi-grown up (but still mostly youngster), but it's exciting none the less.

When faced with the task of moving out I realized I needed a few things. Mainly a bed that I would fit in. However, I also know my lifestyle and the number of sports I watch so a big HDTV was in order as well. I took care of the TV, getting a nice 32 inch Vizio for a good price, and I'm working on getting a nice bed...but last night I took care of the 3rd and arguably most important piece of equipment needed when moving into your first apartment:
That's right...in true Brouha fashion, I bought a Kegerator. I know it may seem silly, especially since I bought this before I bought a bed, but it is a really good investment. Here is why.

I can go get a small (5 gallon) keg from the BBC taproom for $35 dollars. Out of that keg, I will be able to drink about 60 beers. Now, if I were to go buy a 6 pack of BBC beer it would cost me 8 dollars. So ten 6-packs would cost $80, which is more than double the amount I would pay for the same beer..but in draft form. So as you can see, the kegerator will eventually pay for itself. I'm going to drink beer anyway, might as well save a whole bunch of money and drink even more, right?

For those interested, as you all should be, I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond (Stop laughing, you know you love it). It was $499, but Bed Bath and Beyond gives away 20% off coupons like their going out of style...so as a result I saved $100 dollars on my kegerator! It was a great purchase!

I suggest you all stop trying to talk yourself out of it and go get one of your very own...you'll end up saving money in the long run. Plus, you'll be happier knowing that draft beer is only a few steps away at all times!

Cheers!

No comments: