Monday, September 29, 2008

What's in your fridge?

As you might know, the 'Ville was hit with a hellacious wind storm on Sept. 14. Massive tree carnage as far as the eye can see. I was without power for a little over 4 days. When the power came back on, my beer supply was nonexistent. Things had to change and quick. So, Saturday I made the trek across the river to Keg Liquors in Clarksville. The new store is opening Oct. 6th. First off, don't judge this book by its cover. It may look like a hole from the outside, but the inside is glorious. Mind you the prices are a bit higher than most local stores, the impressive selection of beer makes it all worth while. Along with a walled cooler of six packs there is a second wall of big bottled beer and the best selection of Indiana beers in the area. I have become smitten with a few of the Hoosier state's breweries.

I walked away with quite a dent in the wallet. Salvation - the beer fridge is stocked again.

My purchase ...



Jolly Pumpkin - Maracaibo Especial
Brauerei Weihenstephan - 1809 Berliner Weisse
Brouweirij Van den Bossche - Buffalo Belgian Stout
Kasteel - Rouge
Brugge - Black
Barley Island - Bourbon Barrel Oatmeal Stout

If you haven't been to Keg, do yourself a favor and make the trek. Tell 'em Dude sent ya.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

Hot damn, Duder. If you need any help/company with those, you know where to find me.